Our Information Technology team at TransCore Link Logistics is in search for a talented Database Administrator who can apply his/her creativity, technical skills and problem solving capabilities in a fast-paced, results driven environment.
The Database Administrator is critical to the success of our production database environment and is responsible for the integrity of our data. This individual will take charge of designing, setting up, managing and optimizing databases in support of enterprise applications targeting Windows Desktop, Web, and Mobile Applications.
- Lead the design, development, implementation and security of database systems
- Proactively monitor performance and capacity, perform data ports and data loads
- Design, setup, configure and install database systems and manage changes to database operations
- Work with the team to add system functionality, tables and data, as well as develop stored procedures, triggers and code
- Maintain applications, processes and maintenance procedures, perform tuning and documentation
- Lead the backup, recovery, testing of recovery procedures and archiving of database systems
- Troubleshoot database issues and perform database impact analysis for proposed changes
- Ensure systems stay updated on all relevant patched and upgrades
- Alter tables and schema structure as required and serve as technical expert for database design and support issues
- Execute database release management processes and coordinate maintenance of development, testing and production environments
- Other duties as may be assigned by the company
- 5+ years experience working as a DBA performing daily database operations and maintenance tasks (backup/restore, index repair, server, databases and jobs monitoring etc.)
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent in computer science or related field
- Experience working with MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Salesforce backend experience would be an asset
- MS SQL database certification would be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great problem solving & troubleshooting skills – we like to hire people who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
- An individual who can multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment with little supervision
What You Bring to the Team
- You have an outstanding track record, with hands on experience working with SQL server databases
- You are proactive, with unique problem solving skills and not afraid to make suggestions for improvement
- You have akeen eye for details and your quality of work is always of the highest standards
- You work well independently with little supervision but can work well with a team also
- You love a challenge and are enthusiastic about applying your talents in a small company where your efforts are easily noticed. You're looking to make significant contributions and be part of a high growth industry leader. Moreover, you are eager to work alongside professionals who are smart and passionate about technology – like yourself. If this is you, this is your opportunity to make a difference.
What to Expect
- Teamwork: our team shares best practices with each other -because we all want each other to do well
- Coaching: receive coaching and constructive feedback on your progress from senior advisors. We have a great many people always willing to assist
- We will provide you with the tools and resources to help you succeed
- Your commitment to excellence will not go unrecognized - our team is small enough that your efforts are noticed (and rewarded), but big enough to provide you with the tools and resources to excel
- Generous compensation package including: competitive base pay, group benefits, gym membership, tuition reimbursement, employee stock purchase program, RSP and lots more!
- A fun work environment; where we celebrate milestones and achievements. We work hard but we play harder!
“By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.”
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume to DatabaseAdministrator@transcore.ca
TransCore Link Logistics has been the unmatched leader in transportation technology for over 25 years. Our signature software, Loadlink, used by thousands of transportation companies has revolutionized the trucking industry and we are seeking top talent to ensure we continue to do so well into the future. Our ability to deliver the best to our customers is dependent on the caliber of individuals that we hire. That’s why we hire the best!
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code TransCore Link Logistics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.