Our Information Technology team at TransCore Link Logistics searching for a talented System Network Administrator! The System Network Administrator will be responsible for the provisioning, installation/configuration and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. The System Network Administrator will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The System Network Administrator will also ensure that system hardware, operating systems, networks, software components and related procedures adhere to organizational and industrial standards.
About the Gig
- Install/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and based on project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures & scripts.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, review system/application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily support operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Apply hardware and software upgrades/patches on a regular basis.
- Manage hosted sites & data center and monitoring network devices and equipment.
- Provide help desk assistance, customer & technical support and collaborate with the development team.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Develop, update and maintain existing system scripts and configurations.
- The System Network Administrator will be required to work evenings and weekends if needed and remain on call (rotating system) during certain days.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Experience managing IT environments, windows servers, active directory, domain controllers, MS SQL server, Office 365
- Experience in virtualization (Hyper-V), virtual servers clusters, powerShell
- Experience managing networks infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, switches, WAN, VPN, routing, NATing)
- Experience in firewalls configuration and security policies
Nice to have
- Linux, apache
- Software support experience
What You Bring to the Team
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a keen eye for details - your quality of work is always of the highest standards
- You have exceptional problem solving skills - we appreciate individuals who come back with changes, fast!
- You’re a self-starter with drive and tenacity - you can multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment
- You’re quick to learn and adapt to new technologies and languages
What to Expect
- Teamwork: our team shares best practices with each other - because we all want each other to do well
- Coaching: receive coaching and constructive feedback on your progress from senior advisors. We have a great many people always willing to assist
- We will provide you with the tools and resources to help you succeed
- Your commitment to excellence will not go unrecognized - our team is small enough that your efforts are noticed (and rewarded), but big enough to provide you with the tools and resources to excel
- Generous compensation package including: competitive base pay, group benefits, gym membership, tuition reimbursement, employee stock purchase program, RSP and lots more!
- A fun work environment; where we celebrate milestones and achievements. We work hard but we play harder!
“By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.”
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume to SystemAdministrator@transcore.ca
TransCore Link Logistics has been the unmatched leader in transportation technology for over 25 years. Our signature software, Loadlink, used by thousands of transportation companies has revolutionized the trucking industry and we are seeking top talent to ensure we continue to do so well into the future. Our ability to deliver the best to our customers is dependent on the caliber of individuals that we hire. That’s why we hire the best!
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code TransCore Link Logistics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.