Our company’s past is full of iconic moments, and our future is going to ignite so much more. Our technology is core to the movement of 200,000 trucks on the roads every day and an industry that has a huge impact on our economy, generating $65 billion in revenue overall. As our first Systems Operations Manager, we are looking for an individual who will be key in shaping the success of our company’s foundational systems while managing the physical and cloud-based infrastructure to support our internal development.
As a leader, you are someone who can enable and inspire your team to do their best work! You are an excellent communicator and people manager who will help your team focus on high performance, scalability and reliability. Beyond the technical requirements, we need a manager who will influence the overall strategy while establishing goals and directing the activities of the team to optimize, implement, maintain and support technology for the organization.
What You Will be Doing
- Leading a team responsible for the implementation, operational maintenance and support for the organization’s technology and enterprise products
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, software applications, and other hardware
- Safeguarding systems by planning and directing improvements to systems including load balancing, virtualization, disaster recovery and back-up procedures and security controls
- Ensuring 100% up time for all production systems
- Working closely with product management, senior management, and development team to understand business and functional requirements for existing and new products and services
- Analyzing existing workflows and identifying process improvements that will positively impact customer experience
- Serving as a technical escalation point for team members
- Leading and managing the day-to-day performance of systems’ administrators: including hiring, training, evaluation, coaching, and providing technical leadership
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum (5) years experience leading or managing Technology teams in a complex Technology environment
- University degree in information technology or a computer science related discipline
- Ability to work on an on-call basis
- Experience managing IT environments, windows servers, active directory, domain controllers, MS SQL server, Office 365
- Experience in virtualization (Hyper-V), virtual servers clusters, powerShell
- Experience managing networks infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, switches, WAN, VPN, routing, NATing)
- Experience in firewalls configuration and security policies
- Experience in managing staff including recruiting, training and coaching employees
- Previous experience of managing third-party service providers across all technologies is essential
- Experience of design, build and deployment of server and storage infrastructure
- Experience in performance and capacity management
- Ability to understand technical concepts and develop solutions within established standards
- Ability to be proactive, overcome setbacks and deliver results
- Commitment to high quality standards and striving continually for improvement
Whats in it for You
- Be part of a great team where people enjoy working with each other
- Great compensation
- Gym membership
- Paid parking
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Matching RPP & discount stock purchase program
- Future learning opportunities with tuition reimbursement
- Modern and open work space with a great lunch room and lots of natural light
- A fun work environment with lunches and frequent activities
- Casual dress code
- Lots more
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.
To apply, please forward a copy of your resume to SystemsOperationsManager@transcore.ca
TransCore Link Logistics is part of two of Canada’s fastest growing and largest industries: Technology and Transportation. Our technology helps enable food to arrive to our stores, goods to our malls and makes e-commerce possible. We have been the unmatched leader in transportation technology for over 25 years and we pride ourselves in being a catalyst that drives commercial transportation.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code TransCore Link Logistics will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.